Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Why be careful what you wish for?

Jenny Matlock
Same dealio as usual. I'm linking up to Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus in which every week we are provided a prompt to use and must create a story using the prompt (completely as is) and up to 100 more words from our own minds. 


The prompt this week is: He never dreamed when he blew the candles out on his cake...


I've titled my entry, Wish Granted
The prompt is used in bold. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wish Granted

Collin was happy. Not because it was his 13th birthday, because he knew this would be the year Molly would become his girlfriend. Over his cake, he spotted her; her eyes sparkling in the sunlight, her hair dancing in the wind before softly landing on her Twilight t-shirt. He took a deep breath, and made his wish. 

He never dreamed when he blew the candles out on his cake, that it would be his last breath. Well, human breath anyway. As the smoke dissipated so did Collin's skin color. Transformed and with a sudden self-confidence, he flashed Molly his new pearly fangs, and confessed his love. Her response?

"Sorry, I'm Team Jacob."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------


~Lissa

7 comments:

  1. This was great! Totally unexpected and clever use of the prompt. Well done, I'm going to be smiling about this one for a while. Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Hilarious, Lissa! That ending was perfect! If it were for TV I would expect to hear some funny sound effect (rim shot, gong, or a "wah, wah, wah waahhhh!) but instead I heard it in my head (like a lot of things that aren't real.) Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, I am so scared of vampires, just reading this made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Powerful then hilarious! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lissa. This was a really, really clever use of the prompt. Love the twist you threw in there. I wasn't expecting that at all.

    You are quite the writer girl.

    Thanks for linking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very clever, Lissa! Like Tom, you had me going there, and at the end, I could hear eerie sounds and see strange colors of light. Very concrete imagery! Fangs!

    Thanks..........cj

    ReplyDelete